Insoles can be beneficial in everyday life, but anyone in the workforce knows how grueling a long workweek can be on your feet. Fortunately, there are several options for insoles that can help relieve the strain on your feet while you work.
The features needed from each insole will vary on the type of work you do, and the specific foot conditions you may have. If you have very few issues with your feet, you may benefit from a store-bought insole.
However, if you have a known condition pertaining to foot health, such as plantar fasciitis or metatarsalgia, or you have extreme foot pain while working, custom orthotics will be the best work insoles for your feet.
From generic insoles that can be purchased over the counter to custom orthotics, we will go over some of the most popular and effective options on the market.
Which Insoles Are Best for Long Hours at Work?
One of the best things that you can do when it comes to the health of your feet is to get a high-quality pair of orthotics that will protect them, give support right where it is needed, and will help you feel amazing at the end of the day. But if you spend lots of hours on your feet on a regular basis, which insoles will be the best for you to choose?
Some of the insoles that you can choose to help keep your feet protected include
- These insoles are perfect for those long hours standing and walking for work. They can help to correct the alignment of your foot, provide flexibility all over, and have a great supportive heel cup to relieve some of the pain you may feel from plantar fasciitis. This can help with your performance, alignment, and balance throughout the day.
- The downside of these insoles is that they deteriorate very quickly. While many other over-the-counter insoles tend to fall apart somewhat quickly, these insoles do not seem to last through regular workout routines for longer than just a few weeks.
- These insoles are popular because they are very versatile and work well with many foot problems at an affordable price. The dual-layer cushion will help keep the foot protected and the arch support is firm and flexible for everything you need. The deep heel cradle will also help stabilize your foot during work.
- Although these orthotics do have their advantages, they are still mass-produced and are not made specifically for the conditions of your feet.
- The company claims that they are made to be an exact fit and that trimming the product will not be necessary, but that is not the reality. Everyone’s feet are different, and it is very likely you would need to alter the insole to make it fit into your shoe properly.
- If you need a good pair of insoles that will fit well in your work boots and keep you moving all day long, then these are the ones. They can shape your foot while providing lots of comfort, shock absorption, and more.
- Reviews of this product show that they are made with a rigid piece of plastic at the bottom, and comparatively do not have enough cushion to keep your feet comfortable. Some customers even developed blisters from the product, although this likely may be due to not breaking them in long enough initially, as some insoles require more time to break in than others.
- Superfeet orthotics will give you a shape that works well with most types of shoes while still being supportive. The foam footbed provides a good deal of comfort and the heel cup will redistribute the inertia shock and protects the heel at the same time.
- With any insole that must be trimmed before use or any insole that claims to be all-purpose, there tends to be a lot of room for error. Trimming can be tedious, but if the trimming is left to the customer instead of the job staying with a professional, the insoles could easily be ruined.
- This is a good option for those who have flat feet and need to stand or run all day long. There are air bubbles found in the arch and the heel, which will reduce the shock you feel while moving around and the fabric will wick away the moisture to keep the feet happy as you walk around.
- Although these insoles are not intended to be trimmed, many customers have reported that the sizing is not accurate and that they were either too large OR too small, while also being very thick, thus not fitting into many types of shoes. There are also reviews stating that their feet felt slippery with the insoles.
- URthotics only makes orthotics custom designed for your feet alone. With over 25 years of practice making its products, the company has had plenty of time to nearly perfect its manufacturing process. URthotics has a solution for almost any foot problem to help you get back up on your feet or to help you through those long work hours.
- Although we would love it if custom orthotics came completely without any flaws, URthotics does require the orthotics to still be broken in by wearing the inserts for only a few hours at a time at first. Some may also claim that custom orthotics are more expensive than store-bought ones, but overall the cost is less, as OTC insoles will need to be replaced several times a year, while custom ones can last for several years.
For those who spend hours on their feet and want protection and comfort at all times, any of the orthotics above will provide that and more, preventing some of the pain you may normally feel. However, custom orthotics have been shown to significantly reduce foot pain, as compared to mass-produced alternatives.
Tips for Using the Insoles to Protect Your Feet During Long Work Hours
When you have to spend a lot of hours on your feet working, whether you have to stand for most of the day or you walk around, it is important to give your feet some of the protection that they need. This can be hard on any foot, especially if the surface you stand and walk on is hard and rough.
Finding a way to protect your feet and keep them comfortable and safe can be critical when you work long hours. You want to ensure that your feet will not get damaged or be in a lot of pain while you walk, or even when standing around. Some of the tips that you can consider to provide this protection for your feet include
Invest in the Best Work Insoles, or Footwear, to Protect Your Feet
Depending on where you decide to work, you may need to follow a dress code to look professional, and this can include the type of shoes that you wear. This doesn’t mean that you have to endure horrible shoes for some of your long shifts.
Many employers may pick a certain type of shoe, but you are free to look around for what works for you. For example, if you work in food service, you need a pair of black shoes that are slip-resistant.
Aside from that, you can shop around to find a pair that provides support and comfort based on what feels good with your foot. You can try out a few different types to figure out what works.
If your work doesn’t place as much focus on the exact type of shoe that you wear, you may have some more freedom. Look for a sneaker that has a lot of support and comfort with it.
Nursing shoes, despite the name, can be great for those who need to work on their feet all day long. Another option is to be fitted for custom orthotics for the type of shoe you are required to wear for work.
An easy way to get custom orthotics, without it taking too much time out of your schedule, is to go with URthotics, which is an online custom orthotic company. They will send a mold impression kit straight to your doorstep, so you will be able to take back all the time shoe shopping you would have spent trying to find a more comfortable alternative.
Frequently Stretch the Legs and Feet During Long Work Hours
Some stretching and low-level exercises are going to be great to help with this. Many of these will only take a few minutes, helping you to get some of the relief that you need, even when you are still at work.
One example of this is to stand on your toes and balance that way for ten seconds at a time, before switching to the other leg. Do this a few times a day to strengthen the foot, even while you are working.
When you get a break, or at the end of the day, try a few yoga moves to help out with this. This will help you to work on the legs, the back, and the feet altogether.
Pampering the Feet During Long Work Hours Can Protect them
Just like workers who sit at a desk all day need to get up and move after a long day, those who are on their feet all day need to do the opposite and sit down for a few minutes. Try to get a few sit-down breaks during the day, and then put your feet up and relax for a bit at night.
After you are done with work, consider a back or foot massage to help relax the whole body. Or you can ask your partner to do this for you. It only has to last a few minutes but will do wonders for helping you feel better and giving the feet some of the circulation and relief that it needs.
To Protect Your Feet During Long Work Hours, Try Wearing Compression Socks With Insoles
While these may not be the first item that you want to have in your home, they can be a lifesaver for those who need to walk or stand all day at work. These socks are special in that they will be worn to help improve the flow of oxygen around the body while improving blood circulation at the same time.
This can reduce the soreness that you feel, along with swelling. Since these can be complaints of anyone who has to walk and stand most of the day, you will find that it makes sense to wear compression socks.
There are a lot of different prints and styles that you can choose from as well, so you aren’t stuck with some of the ugly options of the past. Most of the time, no one will know you are wearing them, which makes it even better.
Consider Orthotics and Insoles for Your Feet During Long Hours at Work
Prevention is often one of the best things that you can do to protect your feet. Think about getting a good pair of orthotics to add to your supportive shoes.
This will give you more cushion and support, preventing some of the common foot problems that may arise if you are not careful while walking around.
How to Choose the Best Work Insoles for Long Work Hours
When you have decided that your foot pain has plagued you long enough, it is time to pick out a good pair of insoles to help make the feet feel better. A pair of custom orthotics can be the tool that you need to ensure that you see great results and that your feet are as happy as possible.
Our team is here to help you find the best solution for your feet, whether that is therapy, over-the-counter insoles, or a pair of custom orthotics.
With the help of our professionals, we can make sure your feet feel great all day long. Give us a call or leave your information to get started finding the best work insoles and help make those long hours at work a little more tolerable.