You can often have flat feet without an issue and no symptoms at all. But if you start to have pain and suffer from flatfeet, consider whether it is time to find treatment to help.
One option that many patients will choose when it comes to their flat feet is a pair of orthotics. These can provide arch support, a nice heel cup, and lots of cushioning so that the foot can get back in alignment and will feel comfortable once again.
You need to make sure that you go with a pair of orthotics that will make a difference.
Which Orthotics Are the Best for Flat Feet?
There are a lot of great options out there you can choose to go with when it comes to protecting your flat feet and making them feel better and more supported. Not all insoles on the market will provide you with the relief your flat feet need, but a good pair will make all the difference.
Some of the best orthotics for flat feet include:
Bilt Labs Custom Orthotics
Bilt Labs is different than the other options. Custom orthotic insoles from Bilt Labs are specifically designed for you from an impression mold taken of your feet and can relieve pain from any condition you have with your feet. These orthotics can be customized to have your preferred amount of cushioning, a heel dip, and arch support specific to your foot shape. These are the best options to provide you with pain relief from your flat feet.
This company has over 25 years of experience making custom orthotics and specializes in relieving several foot conditions including but not limited to flat feet, supination, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendinitis. There are almost too many benefits to these orthotics to list; some examples of their benefits are
- Designed to fit your feet, not fit as many feet as possible like store-bought alternatives
- Made with EVA and Poron, which are comfortable and hypoallergenic
- A heel dip can be included to help support the heel and add to the shock-absorbing effect
- These redistribute the pressure felt on your feet and relieve pain
- They will help with any common foot condition
- Any request you have for your orthotics considered in the manufacturing process
- They are durable and can last up to several years if taken care of correctly
There are comparatively very few drawbacks of Bilt Labs, however, a concern often mentioned is that they can be pricey. Though custom orthotics can be an investment, they give the most bang for your buck. Bilt Labs last considerably longer than generic over-the-counter insoles.
If you were to replace the insoles repeatedly, the price eventually adds up and the expense usually outweighs that of custom orthotics. When you purchase insoles with Bilt Labs, you can rest assured knowing you are purchasing a high-quality product.
Powerstep Original Full-Length Custom Orthotic Shoe Insoles
This orthotic has all the features you need in a custom insole for your feet. The flexible shell comes with the right amount of heel and foot support to ensure you are comfortable and ready to go.
The metatarsal pad will provide some additional support you will need to relieve all the pain and pressure you feel in all areas due to the arches. Some benefits of choosing this orthotic over some of the others on the list include:
- Provides a VCT variable cushioning technology.
- Provides a good deal of metatarsal support.
- The top fabric will keep the feet nice and cool.
- Comes with a heel cradle and the perfect amount of arch support for your flat feet.
While there are a lot of things to enjoy about these orthotics, there are a few drawbacks you should be aware of ahead of time too. Some drawbacks of this brand include
- They do not last long and you will need to replace them often.
Sof Sole Airr Custom Orthotic Full-Length Performance Shoe Insoles
This is a brand you can trust when it comes to making an orthotic that supports your flat feet. They are built with a nice cooling chamber so the feet will never overheat and the flexibility ensures you can move around all day without the pain. Add in that these are available at an affordable price, and you are certain to find your favorite pair of orthotics for flat feet.
There are a lot of different reasons you would want to go with these insoles including
- They are flexible and will move around with you easily.
- They are some of the more affordable insoles on the list
- They have an encapsulated air chamber to keep your feet nice and cool.
While these are unique pairs of orthotics you can choose from, there are a few drawbacks you need to consider before purchasing them. Some negatives of choosing these include
- They tend to be a bit heavier in your shoes compared to the other orthotics on the list.
- They are designed out of nylon plates, which can make them inflexible when you run.
Superfeet Green Custom Insoles
Some benefits of this brand of orthotics include
- Has a long guarantee ensuring that the orthotic is comfortable.
- The insole is comfortable and is ideal if you have trouble with your arches
- The product has been around for over 30 years and is still highly rated so you know it can be one of the best.
- Provides all the shock absorptions you are looking for in an orthotic.
There are a few drawbacks when it comes to this orthotic to consider. Some drawbacks of these insoles include
- You need to give the feet some time to adapt to the orthotic, which means a breaking-in period is essential
- You need to have plenty of room in the shoes to wear these
- They can be more expensive compared to some of the other orthotics on the market.
Vivesole Orthotic Insoles
Even though these insoles are listed to work well with plantar fasciitis, they provide sufficient comfort and fit, even for your flat feet. The arch support will be perfect when your feet are flat and you need a bit of extra support to make it through the day. The soft cushioning will relieve some of your pressure points and you will want to wear these always.
There are many reasons to choose these orthotics for your plantar fasciitis or flat feet; you will want to wear them all the time. Some benefits include
- They provide the perfect amount of support for your arches
- They are great when it is time to work on a heel spur
- Athletes will find that these are comfortable and supportive when they train or run
- You can trim them down to ensure they fit into even your smaller shoes
With all the benefits listed above, you may be ready to run out and purchase these orthotics right now. However, keep in mind that there are some drawbacks. These include
- The main issue is that these are not going to have a standard fit available
Envelop Full-Length Custom Orthotics
This may not be a brand you are overly familiar with, but it will quickly become your favorite when you want relief from your flat feet. They will be able to stabilize the foot, which is often important when you need some relief from pain due to flat feet. The deep heel cup can help with this, forcing the foot into alignment and alleviating pressure.
That is just the beginning of the features of this orthotic. It has a comfortable amount of padding, which will provide cushioning to all areas of the foot simultaneously. The insoles will fit into almost all types of shoes you regularly wear, whether boots, dress shoes, tennis shoes, or work shoes, and no matter how much you wear them, they retain their standard shape.
There are many things to love about these orthotics. Some of the many benefits you can enjoy when it comes to choosing this brand of orthotics include
- They are comfortable
- They can provide a good amount of shock absorption to protect the body and prevent some pain you will feel
- They provide support to stabilize your feet
- The insoles can contour to fit your foot well, giving you some of the best in customized fit
- Has EVA cushioning in them
- Works well no matter the type of shoe you need to wear.
These benefits are often enough to convince customers to run right out and purchase this type of orthotic. But just like the other products on the list, there are a few drawbacks if you choose this one. The biggest drawbacks of this orthotic include
- The break-in period is a bit longer than some of the other orthotics. It will take a few weeks to make them work.
Picking Out Insoles for Your Flat Feet
With all the great options out there when choosing orthotics, you will be able to find one that can help treat your flat feet and reduce some pain you feel. You will need to take a look at the different insoles that are listed above and help you to get some relief and feel amazing.
When you are ready to pick out a pair of custom orthotics, take some time to visit our website at www.biltlabs.com. We have a team of professionals ready to work with you and provide the best orthotics for your flat feet or any other condition you may suffer from.