When your arch is not as strong as it should be, you may worry that you are going to run into some problems with your feet down the line. You need to have strong feet and good arches to make sure the feet will be able to handle all of the work that you throw at them. When the arches start to get high or flat, it can cause a lot of pain down the line.
One of the best solutions that you can use for early intervention and prevent surgery down the line is to use custom molded arch supports. These can be designed the way that you would like, ensuring that they will be able to keep your feet happy and avoid more pain and discomfort down the line.
When you choose the right arch support, you may even be able to correct some of the problems in your feet with arches, making them better than before. But you must make sure that you get custom molded arch supports for the best results.
The Types of Arches
Before we dive into what custom molded arch supports are and how they can help to handle some of the arches with your feet, it is important to understand that your foot may have several types of arches present. There are different degrees within each category, which is why a custom orthotic may be one of the best options.
The three main types of arches that you may experience with your foot will include:
- Normal arch: a normal arch is able to provide the right amount of support for the body without causing any stretching or pain to the tendons. In most cases, this type of arch will not require any type of support but go with a neutral type of shoe for the best results.
- Flat arch: You may also have a flat arch as well. This will happen when there is overpronation present in the foot and it will cause some problems with running and walking. You may also notice that there is pain in the hips, knees, and ankles that start in the feet because you lack the necessary arch support to help.
- High arch: When you have a high arch, it is likely to cause pain and tension all throughout the body, even though it starts in the feet. You may struggle to absorb shock well and you will get worn out when it is time to walk or jog for very long. You may need to get an arch that has an extra cushion present to help protect the foot.
Normal arches will often not need any type of arch support at all. But if you struggle with a flat arch or a high arch, it may be time to look at whether orthotics can give you some of the relief that you need. The right custom molded arch support could be a great option to help protect you too.
What are Custom Molded Arch Supports?
Arch supports are basically a type of shoe insert that you can use to help support the arch of your own foot. There are a lot of different types because each foot is unique and may need a different type of treatment to heal the pain and other problems.
You can choose from a variety of different arch supports based on your needs.
For example, some will choose a cheap variety from the store to provide cushion to the feet when they need to stand all day long. Those who suffer from high and flat arches that give them constant pain may find that custom molded arch support is a little bit better.
If you would really like to work on your arch supports and make sure that they can alleviate the pain, rather than making things worse, then you need to consider custom molded arch supports. These are done in-office with your doctor and can utilize a mold to make the orthotic fit your foot perfectly.
The reason you would want to choose this variety, even though they cost a bit more than the store-bought options, is that they are customized to your foot. You will get the exact arch support that your foot needs, whether you have flat or high arches, along with unique pressure points to alleviate the pain that you may feel in your foot as well.
Due to the fact that these are custom orthotics that are designed to fit your foot, they will be the most effective. The orthotics that you can purchase at the store are often a one size fits all type of medical device. They may work for some and may provide some relief for you, but they will not be as effective as the custom options.
What are the Benefits of Custom Arch Molded Supports?
As you compare the custom orthotics to the ones that you can purchase at the store, you may wonder which one is right for your feet. Are the custom orthotics worth the extra price or should you stick with some of the more affordable choices? Some of the benefits of choosing to go with custom arch supports include:
- Designed for your feet: These custom orthotics are designed to work with your foot. No matter how bad your arch is or where your personal pressure points are, you will be able to create an orthotic that works for you and provides the best relief.
- They last a long time: You will probably need to purchase 3 to 4 orthotics from the store just to make it through the year. When you do a custom orthotic, they are designed with better materials, allowing them to last a whole lot longer. Most of these orthotics are designed to last for a few years.
- Distribute pressure on the foot: Since the arch of your foot is now supported with the orthotic, you will be able to move the pressure around and distribute it through the foot a bit better. This will relieve some of the pressure you feel.
- Helps with pain: This is one of the most effective tools you can use to eliminate some of the pain that you have in your feet. With the weight distributed better and the arches getting some love, you will have less pain overall.
- Provides more balance and stability: With all of the benefits above, you will find that your balance and stability are better with custom orthotics.
Choosing the Right Custom Molded Arch Support for Your Needs
There are many fantastic options that you can choose to help support the arches of your feet and make them as strong as possible. You can choose to go with the ones available at the store, but they often don’t work as well and could cause more damage than necessary to the foot. A much better option is to choose custom molded arch supports instead.