When you are experiencing pain in the foot, heel, and ankle, it is important to find the right method that will help make it all go away. One option that is the most effective, without the need for surgery, is an orthotic. Even better, there are options for custom orthotics, that are specially molded for your feet. These orthotics can provide you with a lot of support and will ensure that you are as comfortable as possible.
Before you run out there and pick out any orthotic and try to make it work for your feet, the first question you need to ask is what these orthotics are and how they can make a difference in your life. We will take a closer look at the answer to this and help you decide whether orthotics are the right choice for you.
What are Orthotics?
Orthotics are simply special inserts that you are able to put into your shoe and wear while you walk around in order to correct foot pain and other conditions of the foot. They go right into the shoe so no one will know you are wearing them, but they can do a lot of miracles by helping your feet feel so much better.
It is possible to purchase some of these orthotics from your local store, but if you want to see some real relief, it is best to go with custom orthotics that are designed for your foot. Your doctor will help you get a custom-made orthotic to help you with your back, leg, or feet problems without the need for surgery.
Many times these orthotics are going to be part of a comprehensive treatment plan that will help you address a variety of different symptoms, usually ones that have to do with discomfort and pain in the legs and feet. Some of the ways that your doctor could choose to use orthotics include:
- Correct a deformity in the foot
- Reduce the risk of further injuries as you heal
- Providing more support to the ankle
- Helping when the ankle or the foot needs to function better.
Since these are designed to fit your foot specifically, you will find that they can be incredibly effective. You may notice after just a few days that it will cut down on the amount of foot pain that you are dealing with and can correct other conditions of the foot at the same time.
The Benefits of Using Orthotics
There are a lot of benefits to choosing to bring out custom orthotics to make your feet happy. Many people live with foot pain for too long, but when you put in an orthotic, you will find that your feet will be much happier and you will not have to deal with the pain or other bad conditions along the way.
There are a number of benefits that you will be able to enjoy when it comes to using orthotics, especially if you decide to get custom orthotics that are ready for your foot. Some of the benefits of choosing custom orthotics include:
- Foot pain relief: Many people will choose to go with orthotics because it provides them with relief from their foot pain. The orthotic can be designed to help handle your pressure points, providing support or cushioning depending on what is going on with your feet. These orthotics can help with plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, bunions, and arthritis.
- Helps with workouts: Some patients will choose to get orthotics because it will help them when it is time to work out. They can give more comfort and support, helping you to relax when you get into the program for the first time. You may notice they help with shock absorption, fatigue reduction, and balance.
- Joint protection: If you need to provide some additional protection to the joints due to your work, after surgery, and even to prevent injuries, you will find that custom orthotics are the answer you need. They are simple to add to the shoe and will ensure that the joints get all of the protection that they need.
- Long-term support: Foot discomfort can be a problem that many patients notice for a long time. Orthotics can help with some of the chronic issues that show up as well. A custom orthotic will make a big difference in the comfort that you get while also ensuring that you correct your posture, fight off flat-foot issues, and so much more.
- Better sleep: If you struggle to sleep at night, you may need to consider orthotics. If your feet are the ones that keep you up at night, then getting custom orthotics to help solve this problem is a must.
- Improved back health: Wearing orthotics can help to improve the posture of your whole body. This will go right to the back and can help you to have fewer pains in the back that you need to work with. Orthotics can also help with stabilization, which will correct other problems and pain in the back as well.
- Diabetes symptom management: Foot health is extra important for those who struggle with diabetes. Orthotics are going to help reduce friction and prevent ulcers and other issues that can happen when you have diabetes, keeping your feet as safe as possible.
Are Store-Bought or Custom Orthotics the Best?
As you start to shop around for the right pair of orthotics, you may notice there are a few choices that you can make. You can go with store-bought orthotics or you can use custom orthotics. Many patients will choose to go with store-bought orthotics because they are easier to purchase and less expensive.
There are a few drawbacks to wearing these types of orthotics though. They are made out of lower-quality materials and will not last as long. Many find that they do not fit their feet that well or will sometimes make the problem worse. They may save you money originally, but they can end up being a waste of time.
For most patients with foot problems, it is much better to go with a custom orthotic. These can be designed to go with your foot, fitting around your unique pressure points and any conditions that may be wrong with the foot as well. They can cost a bit more, but are made out of higher quality materials and will last longer while being more efficient.
Choosing the right Orthotics for Your Feet
There are a lot of benefits to choosing to pick out a pair of orthotics for your feet. They can take off some of the pressure and will ensure that you are able to get the best results while eliminating some of the pain that you feel. Choosing the right type of orthotic for your feet can make them feel amazing overall.
When you are ready to pick out a pair of custom orthotics, which can be one of the best pairs for you to choose from in terms of quality and effectiveness, make sure to set up an appointment with our team. We are here to help create a custom orthotic that can fit your foot, providing you with some of the best support and pain relief without surgery.